Foot orthoses (also known as “orthotic insoles” or “shoe inserts”) are custom foot supports that are placed inside the shoes with the purpose of restoring natural foot function. They are designed to fit your feet more efficiently than over-the-counter arch supports and balance the biomechanical inadequacies of your feet and legs. Orthotics are necessary when the natural biomechanical balance of our lower body has been disrupted by over-pronation, that is when your feet roll inward too much.
Many common complaints such as heel pain, knee pain and lower back pain are caused by poor foot biomechanics. Orthotic insoles correct over-pronation and realign the foot and ankle bones to their neutral position, thereby restoring natural foot function and alleviating problems in the feet, knees, hips and lower back.
At Work Well Health Canada, we offer orthotics custom-designed to fit your feet. The archway and other structural components of your feet are measured by our Professional Health Practitioners, and the custom orthotic is then made to these individualized specifications.
- Relief from hip, knee and back pain
- Improved weight distribution across the foot, reducing the risk of arch collapse
- Reduced bunions, corns, calluses and hammertoes
- Decreased heel pain from plantar fasciitis
- Improved overall balance and stability
- Increased athletic capibility to maintain a health weight
- Anatomical alignment of the entire body from the ankle to the jaw
Our Services may be covered by your extended health care benefits.
Call us today to get your custom-made orthotic insoles to bring the spring back in your step.